Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Girlfriends

I can't seem to recall when was the last time I met this old schoolmate. Maybe it was during one of the festivals I think when she visited me with her darlings, big and small.

I must say I was pretty ashamed that I had to text her asking if she was still working at the old place. Hmmm....friends need to know other friends workplaces...just in case. Anyways, upon confirming, I asked if we could meet up for lunch. And despite of having to drive at 110 km/hr, I made it to her office within 12 minutes but parking my car took longer than that. Calling her, I complained about the parking and there she was at one of levels, holding two spots just for me..lol

And there she was. I used to call her "Momma C". I've known her since we were both 18 and she was always in charge and had full control of things. Though we've grown into motherhood and I sooner than her, she'll always be Momma C to me, she's the thinker, the resolver.

I only had about an hour of her lunch time. But just in that 60 minutes, we exchanged notes as quickly as we would put on our shoes. Into our conversation, we pulled in other people of importance in our lives, our dear friends, our family, our jobs...ow, just about everything that matters, I guess. Maybe this is what set us women apart from men. We get right to the point and out.

Lunch was simple but wonderful. Exchanging of ideas were great. To tell the truth, driving at 110, wasn't actually to beat the time. But rather an anger that had built up that morning. Having lunch with Momma C changed my mood. Thanks to you :):)

Girlfriends are rather unique. They may not be related. But somehow, they're connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment